Weblog 11
January 31, 2006~ 7:45pm
I've been busy finishing off the new February issue of The Blue House and both handling and mishandling my feelings about posting somewhere other than my own board, Orphans--Orphans is my cozy home-- I dearly love it. But honestly, not more than two or three of us post there at a time, so it's my 'study' (as in: Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the study) where I first post and develop my poems- and it's home. But after a while, there's a strong desire to venture out with them tucked under one arm, and slap em up somewhere else. And also to read and comment at the other board where there's a variety of styles and people.
So in typical schizo fashion, I deleted my EZ Board ID, and said 'fuckit'. In one day I both deleted, and then reconstituted myself, and started posting again. LOL! ---It's just really difficult when you know you are unwelcome by one of the regulars- but again...'fuckit'. That's too damn bad- hate me or hate my stuff, fine- just don't comment ferchrissakes- I'll live. As I mentioned before, there are some wonderful writers there and it's stimulating and fun...so what the heck! Sunken deep into it again. Trying for roots this time. Oh, and work is chugging along- Patty is back after a short stay in the hospital, and I've been typing the last two days like a runaway train. Tons of charts plowed through, and chomping at the bit for tomorrow. (I really don't want to work this Saturday. Everybody needs a breathing space between 'sweat of the brow' and more 'sweat'. ) If I'm lucky, I'll be sleeping like a comatose bear this weekend, and not tapping keys. I hope, I hope....
February 1, 2006~ 5:45pm
Got two good days of work under my belt- and I'm feeling quite happy about it. *grin* Perhaps this weekend can be given up to rest and not make-up work. Weather remains oddly unseasonal- chilly, but not freezing. Hey, maybe we did our full penance in the punishing month of December? Yah...that'd be nice.
And I'd like to take a moment here to chew the ass off the U.S. Postal Department, which today deposited 500 blank checks I ordered, in two very check-like boxes- right on the front stoop- not in the mailbox or inside the storm door which was unlatched.
Lazy bastards.....
I hardly knew what the hermetically sealed, opaque white envelope could be at first. Thought it might have been some free packs of cigarettes- some promotional gimmick from some girlie brand that isn't selling well because they require half a week's pay and a fatted calf........something like Capri- such an expensive drug, they have to hook you with charm first, before they suck up your retirement money.
So my very honest neighbors- who could now be in Acapulco- allowed the ignominous package to sit on the concrete undisturbed-- and I can now pay Columbia Gas (410.00 to heat this white elephant for December!) --that portion of my future monies that might one day be going towards 'Depends' expenditures in the nursing home.
What the heck.....what's a little more piss on yourself at that age?
February 4, 2006~ 8:00am
Bad day at Black Rock altogether. Decided to leave the new group: bitch won't let up. Things had settled down, people were posting again, so she decided to come onstage with another ugly controversy and when I tried to deflect it, rode over me as if I were cobblestones; not just me, but the lot of us- and there's just stunned silence in that room now.

A sad state of affairs, and realistically, I know that won't change so I'm out of there. After six weeks of a broader place to write, I'm back to my mole hole. C'est la vie.....
This sort of thing has happened before in the six years being online, but the older I get, the less stomach I have for it. Snow coming in tonight-- Wayne and I decided it'd be more prudent to stay put and not risk the slippery roads and (probably) drunken drivers drinking and whooping it up on this Superbowl weekend. And I had lousy day at work yesterday. The tailgate party was more hassle than fun - I still had my mountain of work only the place was noisier and more nerve-wracking than usual with festivities growing in decibel level around me; didn't make nearly the progress I'd hoped for and I still have an Alps of charts to get through on Monday- topped off by an awful mistake I'd made in early January come back to haunt me in the person of an 84 year old man dressing me down on the phone in the last hour I'd stayed extra to try and get my work caught up.
Traffic was nightmarish. Took an hour an a half to get home because of a Superbowl rally on the South Side, and it was really just a day from hell. I have silence today. No camaraderie on a board I'd quickly grown to love again- no company or movie tonight- and snow to negotiate tomorrow when I take my mother shopping. Superbowl starts at 6:30 so either I stay at her house to watch and get home about 11:30 to be up again at 4:00am on Monday, or come home feeling guilty that I didn't stay and watch it with her. LIFE SUCKS THE HIGH HARD ONE, my friends. And just like now.......sometimes you just have to say- "I'm goin' back to bed. Pull the covers up"- which I am doing shortly. Sayonara.
***
(Return To Weekly Archives)
I've been busy finishing off the new February issue of The Blue House and both handling and mishandling my feelings about posting somewhere other than my own board, Orphans--Orphans is my cozy home-- I dearly love it. But honestly, not more than two or three of us post there at a time, so it's my 'study' (as in: Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the study) where I first post and develop my poems- and it's home. But after a while, there's a strong desire to venture out with them tucked under one arm, and slap em up somewhere else. And also to read and comment at the other board where there's a variety of styles and people.
So in typical schizo fashion, I deleted my EZ Board ID, and said 'fuckit'. In one day I both deleted, and then reconstituted myself, and started posting again. LOL! ---It's just really difficult when you know you are unwelcome by one of the regulars- but again...'fuckit'. That's too damn bad- hate me or hate my stuff, fine- just don't comment ferchrissakes- I'll live. As I mentioned before, there are some wonderful writers there and it's stimulating and fun...so what the heck! Sunken deep into it again. Trying for roots this time. Oh, and work is chugging along- Patty is back after a short stay in the hospital, and I've been typing the last two days like a runaway train. Tons of charts plowed through, and chomping at the bit for tomorrow. (I really don't want to work this Saturday. Everybody needs a breathing space between 'sweat of the brow' and more 'sweat'. ) If I'm lucky, I'll be sleeping like a comatose bear this weekend, and not tapping keys. I hope, I hope....
February 1, 2006~ 5:45pm
Got two good days of work under my belt- and I'm feeling quite happy about it. *grin* Perhaps this weekend can be given up to rest and not make-up work. Weather remains oddly unseasonal- chilly, but not freezing. Hey, maybe we did our full penance in the punishing month of December? Yah...that'd be nice.
And I'd like to take a moment here to chew the ass off the U.S. Postal Department, which today deposited 500 blank checks I ordered, in two very check-like boxes- right on the front stoop- not in the mailbox or inside the storm door which was unlatched.
Lazy bastards.....
I hardly knew what the hermetically sealed, opaque white envelope could be at first. Thought it might have been some free packs of cigarettes- some promotional gimmick from some girlie brand that isn't selling well because they require half a week's pay and a fatted calf........something like Capri- such an expensive drug, they have to hook you with charm first, before they suck up your retirement money.
So my very honest neighbors- who could now be in Acapulco- allowed the ignominous package to sit on the concrete undisturbed-- and I can now pay Columbia Gas (410.00 to heat this white elephant for December!) --that portion of my future monies that might one day be going towards 'Depends' expenditures in the nursing home.
What the heck.....what's a little more piss on yourself at that age?
February 4, 2006~ 8:00am
Bad day at Black Rock altogether. Decided to leave the new group: bitch won't let up. Things had settled down, people were posting again, so she decided to come onstage with another ugly controversy and when I tried to deflect it, rode over me as if I were cobblestones; not just me, but the lot of us- and there's just stunned silence in that room now.

A sad state of affairs, and realistically, I know that won't change so I'm out of there. After six weeks of a broader place to write, I'm back to my mole hole. C'est la vie.....
This sort of thing has happened before in the six years being online, but the older I get, the less stomach I have for it. Snow coming in tonight-- Wayne and I decided it'd be more prudent to stay put and not risk the slippery roads and (probably) drunken drivers drinking and whooping it up on this Superbowl weekend. And I had lousy day at work yesterday. The tailgate party was more hassle than fun - I still had my mountain of work only the place was noisier and more nerve-wracking than usual with festivities growing in decibel level around me; didn't make nearly the progress I'd hoped for and I still have an Alps of charts to get through on Monday- topped off by an awful mistake I'd made in early January come back to haunt me in the person of an 84 year old man dressing me down on the phone in the last hour I'd stayed extra to try and get my work caught up.
Traffic was nightmarish. Took an hour an a half to get home because of a Superbowl rally on the South Side, and it was really just a day from hell. I have silence today. No camaraderie on a board I'd quickly grown to love again- no company or movie tonight- and snow to negotiate tomorrow when I take my mother shopping. Superbowl starts at 6:30 so either I stay at her house to watch and get home about 11:30 to be up again at 4:00am on Monday, or come home feeling guilty that I didn't stay and watch it with her. LIFE SUCKS THE HIGH HARD ONE, my friends. And just like now.......sometimes you just have to say- "I'm goin' back to bed. Pull the covers up"- which I am doing shortly. Sayonara.
(Return To Weekly Archives)




...
. or pay a visit to my Audio site to hear things
I've written-
Some are just 'jotters', thoughts as they fly- going
nowhere but where they are. If you stop and read a few~ or post a
few~ thanks for
the perusal. Last of all, if you've a hankering for rants and raging,
try making a stop at my other blog-




