<xmp> <body> </xmp> Wired Karisma

Weblog 13

February 12, 2006~ 2:45am
What have I done all day? This was a fluke day, in which all the normal activity suspended. Snow was predicted- and rather than slide about on roads untreated in the usual weekend lack of attention- my fella and I decided to keep to our own hovels and occupy ourselves as best we could: for me, that meant a day of total zonking out in sleep. After 4 hours last night, I got up, played on the computer for a bit, realized my sound files are suddenly muted, went back up to bed to read and sleep for another 8 hours--woke up groggy, laden with a blanket of bad dreams still weighing me down, and called my mother. Croaked out a few words: told her no, I wasn't sick- I'd just gotten up- and left her to fret over that, as she usually does over anything out of the ordinary.

What I've actually been doing for the last four hours is trying to figure out why the sound on my computer has gone tinny in the extreme- barely anything above a whisper and sounds like it's 10 miles away. I've been through this quagmire of codecs and drivers before, and really hated to start that up again, but something had to be done. So I deleted all previous players, fine-tuned my registry and reinstalled Real Player Alternative.

Nada. Zilch. No improvement. I uninstalled the package, went to the Final Builds site and am at this moment downloading a mammoth Mega Codec Package from the same place which is supposed to take care of all media files- sound, video and streaming. Hmmmm....we'll see. It's 64 percent there, and I'm more than 50 percent convinced this will not do a thing. LOL...but we can hope.

February 13, 2006~ 9:45pm
Yes, I am the Grand Master Vizier of dumbkoffs of all time. After hours and hours of tedious labor, redoing my MediaPlayer again and again, doing a disc scan and defrag on my system, downloading codecs I didn't need- what should the problem have been, but a LOOSE PLUG to the speakers. LOL!

Oh, God...ya gotta love it. lol. Stayed home today because intermittently, while fiddling with all the rigamarole of my computer, I was alternately hoofing it to the bathroom. Intestinal upset on top of sniffling, coughing, miserable. Yes, I've picked up a cold as well.

Not really feeling much better after sleeping all day, but the weekend away from writing and concentrating on technical stuff freed the mind to such a degree that today I wrote several poems. That's what happens when the dam breaks, and there's a HUGE sigh of relief....the Third Eye opens...


February 14, 2006~ 6:15pm
Another day in bed. The stomach went south now. No up-chucking thank God, but aching and showing me the path of this flu, and it goes like this: the head suddenly fills up and the nose runs clear and unstoppable- you can't breathe. Voice is croaky, vocal chords irritated and then the bowels are heard from. (Get yourself some running shoes for all the trips you're going to make to the porcelain.) Lots of gurgling, noisy roiling going on and the real feeling that you're going to heave, but nothing happens. Eat lightly, sleep as much as possible- and this too shall pass. I'm actually feeling a little buoyant this evening, and feel confident I've got it licked at this point. A four-day thing feeling chilled, miserable and tired, tired, tired, but it's headed over the top of the hill now. I can just see the feather in its little hat, like an evil Pinnochio and his cricket, Lil Pukie. Bye, you little so and so!



***

(Return To Weekly Archives)