Weblog 18
March 20, 2006~ 5:00am
I've put off doing laundry so long now I'll have to gouge my way through spiderwebs to get to the washer. What IS is about that task that makes me procastinate so ridiculously? I've been washing out underwear and socks in the sink for a week. Pitiful....
I've had a weekend with too much sleep- (if you can believe there is such a thing.) My face is all puffy from collected poisons that gravity should have drained away, but got no chance with me lying prone so much. And so much for the 'beauty sleep' myth....I look better jazzed out of my head on coffee and three hours shut eye. But other than the load or two of laundry that I have to do tonight- (or not)- I know I'll want to dive back in the sack again tonight when I get home from work. Is this depression? Is it a form of 'March Madness'.....who can say? All I know is, the minute my feet hit the moldy looking green carpeting of the dining room as I'm stepping into the back door at 4:00- that bed is calling to me.
There is an invisible conveyer belt that's pulling me through the rooms and navigating me upstairs. "Jane...get me OFF this crazy thing!" George Jetson, I know how you feel.
March 22, 2006~ 7:30pm
Alright, I admit it. I'm a slob- no doubt about it. I'm getting dishpan hands from washing undies and socks in my bathroom sink because I cannot face the trudging up and down stairs, the folding, sorting, the untangling of neat little hangers that doing a few full loads of wash would require. And I've given up hanging up my workclothes altogether-- I will not buy what wrinkles. Period. Everything comes off, and is layered on a stool in my bedroom that continues to grow crookedly like a cloth Tower of Pisa. I can't seem to help myself anymore, I'm hopelessly slovenly... and I've never been as contented in my life. LOL!
Dodged a bullet today, too. I've carried around an official summons in my purse for a month, instructing me to call the Allegheny County Courthouse after 4:00 p.m. today, to find out if I am required to report for jury duty tomorrow. I pulled the dog-earred thing out of my purse, took the computer plug out of the phone jack, plugged in the phone-- gave a BIG sigh-- and dialed.
"You have reached the Allegheny County Jury Duty line. Listen closely. If your last name begins with letters 'Q' through 'Z', you must report to the courthouse at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, March 24th. All others may disregard this summons"---- Wooo-woooooo!!! No damn waiting around in uncomfortable chairs all day trying to read while some Lonely Hearts type- excited about being there- tries to make inane conversation. No cold turkey withdrawal from nicotine (oh, GOD! that was the worst dread) and no dumb trolley ride into town breathing in the flu virus from other trapped commuters while smelling a variety of human smells and tolerating rap music I'm sure a deaf person could hear, despite the fact that the listener is wearing headphones like Curt Gowdy at monday night football....
Honest to God, I feel like Elsa..."BORN FREE! AS FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS....as free as the grass grows, born freeee", etc., you get the picture.
March 25, 2006~ 5:15pm
Sixteen, glorious hours of sleep. I woke up at 2:00p.m., rested-- and even did LAUNDRY! LOL. So I now have clean sheets to sleep on, fluffy, clean undies warm from the dryer and jeans that don't look like I've ridden the range in them. My world is firmly on its axis once again. Don't know why- don't question it. I just enjoy it.
I don't know how far reaching this news has become, but there is a somewhat lurid, newsworthy story that broke here in Pittsburgh this week, and seems to have gotten national attention. It's this young lady
On the left, she is 14, and on the right, she's being interviewed local news teams about her 'ordeal'. Let me say, for the record...I don't believe a blessed WORD of this........even wrote a poem about it this afternoon.
Pittsburgh Sensational National News
They say
she was held against her will:
white
slavery
style
two blocks or so
from her parent's home. Stolen, at fourteen
where the madman kept her ten
long years. She said this
for the
camera.
Eyes
teary,
perfect
mascara streaked
and dyed, poofed white blond hair. But I think there are
visions of
Jerry Springer, Oprah, spinning
in a brain that grew up
on TV fantasy. Calamity
sells.
Especially
if you're pixie
cute, your captor
looks like
Yanni,
and every male can masturbate
to tales
created in brains
that thrum with under-aged
sex, and your mother looks like she's clueless
to the type of thing she
raised,
so long
ago.
If you care to read the whole story if by chance you missed it-- or live in a place that has news that doesn't seek out the juicy bits-- here it is: The Tanya Kach Story
(emphasis here, on 'story'). Don't know how long WPXI is going to keep this in cache, but if you can bring up the video...pay attention to 2 words: "real man"- again, emphasis on the word "real". Makes no sense. Don't think I've heard that phrase used except by bar whores or trailer trash-- or yes, on 'Jerry Springer' when a woman is trying to degrade a male by hitting him at the level of his sexual prowess.
That phrase, ladies and gents- speaks volumes to me.
Fourteen years old. Is that young?-- yes. Is sexual intercourse et al with someone of that age prosecutable by law as 'statuatory rape'?- yes. Is that punishment always justifiable? No. Absolutely not, but Mr. Hose......you pissed this young lady off somehow.
Anyone here recall the Sue Lyons character in 'Night of the Iguana'? Yah. That's what I'm talkin' about.
***
(Return To Weekly Archives)
I've put off doing laundry so long now I'll have to gouge my way through spiderwebs to get to the washer. What IS is about that task that makes me procastinate so ridiculously? I've been washing out underwear and socks in the sink for a week. Pitiful....
I've had a weekend with too much sleep- (if you can believe there is such a thing.) My face is all puffy from collected poisons that gravity should have drained away, but got no chance with me lying prone so much. And so much for the 'beauty sleep' myth....I look better jazzed out of my head on coffee and three hours shut eye. But other than the load or two of laundry that I have to do tonight- (or not)- I know I'll want to dive back in the sack again tonight when I get home from work. Is this depression? Is it a form of 'March Madness'.....who can say? All I know is, the minute my feet hit the moldy looking green carpeting of the dining room as I'm stepping into the back door at 4:00- that bed is calling to me.
There is an invisible conveyer belt that's pulling me through the rooms and navigating me upstairs. "Jane...get me OFF this crazy thing!" George Jetson, I know how you feel.
March 22, 2006~ 7:30pm
Alright, I admit it. I'm a slob- no doubt about it. I'm getting dishpan hands from washing undies and socks in my bathroom sink because I cannot face the trudging up and down stairs, the folding, sorting, the untangling of neat little hangers that doing a few full loads of wash would require. And I've given up hanging up my workclothes altogether-- I will not buy what wrinkles. Period. Everything comes off, and is layered on a stool in my bedroom that continues to grow crookedly like a cloth Tower of Pisa. I can't seem to help myself anymore, I'm hopelessly slovenly... and I've never been as contented in my life. LOL!
Dodged a bullet today, too. I've carried around an official summons in my purse for a month, instructing me to call the Allegheny County Courthouse after 4:00 p.m. today, to find out if I am required to report for jury duty tomorrow. I pulled the dog-earred thing out of my purse, took the computer plug out of the phone jack, plugged in the phone-- gave a BIG sigh-- and dialed.
"You have reached the Allegheny County Jury Duty line. Listen closely. If your last name begins with letters 'Q' through 'Z', you must report to the courthouse at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, March 24th. All others may disregard this summons"---- Wooo-woooooo!!! No damn waiting around in uncomfortable chairs all day trying to read while some Lonely Hearts type- excited about being there- tries to make inane conversation. No cold turkey withdrawal from nicotine (oh, GOD! that was the worst dread) and no dumb trolley ride into town breathing in the flu virus from other trapped commuters while smelling a variety of human smells and tolerating rap music I'm sure a deaf person could hear, despite the fact that the listener is wearing headphones like Curt Gowdy at monday night football....
Honest to God, I feel like Elsa..."BORN FREE! AS FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS....as free as the grass grows, born freeee", etc., you get the picture.
March 25, 2006~ 5:15pm
Sixteen, glorious hours of sleep. I woke up at 2:00p.m., rested-- and even did LAUNDRY! LOL. So I now have clean sheets to sleep on, fluffy, clean undies warm from the dryer and jeans that don't look like I've ridden the range in them. My world is firmly on its axis once again. Don't know why- don't question it. I just enjoy it.
I don't know how far reaching this news has become, but there is a somewhat lurid, newsworthy story that broke here in Pittsburgh this week, and seems to have gotten national attention. It's this young lady
On the left, she is 14, and on the right, she's being interviewed local news teams about her 'ordeal'. Let me say, for the record...I don't believe a blessed WORD of this........even wrote a poem about it this afternoon.
Pittsburgh Sensational National News
They say
she was held against her will:
white
slavery
style
two blocks or so
from her parent's home. Stolen, at fourteen
where the madman kept her ten
long years. She said this
for the
camera.
Eyes
teary,
perfect
mascara streaked
and dyed, poofed white blond hair. But I think there are
visions of
Jerry Springer, Oprah, spinning
in a brain that grew up
on TV fantasy. Calamity
sells.
Especially
if you're pixie
cute, your captor
looks like
Yanni,
and every male can masturbate
to tales
created in brains
that thrum with under-aged
sex, and your mother looks like she's clueless
to the type of thing she
raised,
so long
ago.
If you care to read the whole story if by chance you missed it-- or live in a place that has news that doesn't seek out the juicy bits-- here it is: The Tanya Kach Story
(emphasis here, on 'story'). Don't know how long WPXI is going to keep this in cache, but if you can bring up the video...pay attention to 2 words: "real man"- again, emphasis on the word "real". Makes no sense. Don't think I've heard that phrase used except by bar whores or trailer trash-- or yes, on 'Jerry Springer' when a woman is trying to degrade a male by hitting him at the level of his sexual prowess.
That phrase, ladies and gents- speaks volumes to me.
Fourteen years old. Is that young?-- yes. Is sexual intercourse et al with someone of that age prosecutable by law as 'statuatory rape'?- yes. Is that punishment always justifiable? No. Absolutely not, but Mr. Hose......you pissed this young lady off somehow.
Anyone here recall the Sue Lyons character in 'Night of the Iguana'? Yah. That's what I'm talkin' about.
(Return To Weekly Archives)




...
. or pay a visit to my Audio site to hear things
I've written-
Some are just 'jotters', thoughts as they fly- going
nowhere but where they are. If you stop and read a few~ or post a
few~ thanks for
the perusal. Last of all, if you've a hankering for rants and raging,
try making a stop at my other blog-




