Weblog 25
July 11, 2006~ 7:30pm
Three HOURS ago, I started to update this damn page only to have Firefox crash on me TWICE. I lost the whole page. So.....I uninstalled FIREFOX, did a registry repair, DOWNLOADED it again, got most of my bookmarks and preferences back...lol....and here I am. Trying yet for the 3rd time!
And bear in mind, this is after having the WORST night's sleep ever! Yesterday, I thought I was fixed for a really restful evening. In bed at 8:00pm, read till nine and shut off the light. At 11:30pm, up like a bolt! Wide awake. Did some fiddling on the computer (which became 2 hours...) and went back to bed. Tossed till 3:00. Woke up at 4:30 thinking it was 5:30!- the time I absolutely-positively HAVE to spring off that mattress, wash, dress and out the door by six to be at my desk at 6:30. Now mind you, I was in that deep, deep, cut-me-in-half-I-don't-care stage or REM sleep, and thinking I had to be up, I was seriously considering calling off--I didn't see HOW I was going to get behind the wheel and face the maniacs out there driving 30 mi. over the speed limit....but when I realized I still had another hour, I fell back onto the pillow like a happy sack of bricks.
After that hour, I felt I could face it. I actually got a lot done today, but in that zombified, trance state-- so I guess I really do know a lot more about my job than I think I do if I can function so well like that. (Of course, I forgot to mention that my curling iron decided that today it would give up the ghost as well. So....maybe I didn't ACT like I was 'out of it', but believe me....I LOOKED IT! LOL! "Windswept" would be a kind was of saying I looked and felt like shit today.)
Also-- my son is coming home for a week's stay with the whole family and I'll get to see my 3 grandson's- (little Gabe, the baby who's 3 years old now, I've NEVER seen.) Haven't seen Matt since my daughter Holly got married a little over 3 years ago. And though this is a happy occasion, being the neurotic that I am, I worry about 'happy occasions'. They make me nervous and fretful. I worry about the little guys feeling 'strange' around me. I worry a LOT that I've gotten so FAT since they saw me last....lol...and gray-haired now. (Well, it still looks blonde but I haven't dyed it brunette in over a year, so that's a BIG difference.) All this 'strangeness'...and the fact that my house is just so messy and dirty at this point worries me and yet I procrastinate.
(So, what else is new, right?) I've taken most of next week off so we can go to the zoo, and the amusement park, etc, but I think I'll be taking Monday off as well and Tuesday, to get this place in order. They're not staying here, but at some point, I'm sure Matt will say, "Mom, let's go see your cats." LOL...(I could always tie them in a sack and........nah That'd just be mean.)
July 11, 2006~ 9:30pm
One more thing before I turn in tonight....someone at work sent me this WONDERFUL link so you can see just how beautiful this city really is~AN URBAN TREASURE
July 12, 2006~ 9:30pm
Sooooooooo sleepy here. And hot. And sticky. The humidity has been close to 100% for the last 3 days, with rain storms on and off. Went to my mother's 86th birthday celebratio at my sister's house. Today is "two days long" on the rare occasion I have an evening engagement as well as the work day. Mum's back was hurting with this damn heat and mugginess- arthritis LOVES to kick up its heels in this kind of dampish weather. I think she was happy to pile on into her living room again...and I know my knees were singing the blues as well. I take horrible care of myself-- not enough exercise, eat all the wrong things at the wrong times-- and my knees, I can see now, are going to be the first things to really 'go' on me. (Well...besides the teeth.)
Ah well, that's life. The highlight of the evening was little 3 year old John who came running right out of the powder room sans Spiderman undies and shorts, saying delightedly, "I peed my pants!" LOL! Kids. Now THEY know how to dress for the weather!
***
(Return To Weekly Archives)
Three HOURS ago, I started to update this damn page only to have Firefox crash on me TWICE. I lost the whole page. So.....I uninstalled FIREFOX, did a registry repair, DOWNLOADED it again, got most of my bookmarks and preferences back...lol....and here I am. Trying yet for the 3rd time!
And bear in mind, this is after having the WORST night's sleep ever! Yesterday, I thought I was fixed for a really restful evening. In bed at 8:00pm, read till nine and shut off the light. At 11:30pm, up like a bolt! Wide awake. Did some fiddling on the computer (which became 2 hours...) and went back to bed. Tossed till 3:00. Woke up at 4:30 thinking it was 5:30!- the time I absolutely-positively HAVE to spring off that mattress, wash, dress and out the door by six to be at my desk at 6:30. Now mind you, I was in that deep, deep, cut-me-in-half-I-don't-care stage or REM sleep, and thinking I had to be up, I was seriously considering calling off--I didn't see HOW I was going to get behind the wheel and face the maniacs out there driving 30 mi. over the speed limit....but when I realized I still had another hour, I fell back onto the pillow like a happy sack of bricks.
After that hour, I felt I could face it. I actually got a lot done today, but in that zombified, trance state-- so I guess I really do know a lot more about my job than I think I do if I can function so well like that. (Of course, I forgot to mention that my curling iron decided that today it would give up the ghost as well. So....maybe I didn't ACT like I was 'out of it', but believe me....I LOOKED IT! LOL! "Windswept" would be a kind was of saying I looked and felt like shit today.)
Also-- my son is coming home for a week's stay with the whole family and I'll get to see my 3 grandson's- (little Gabe, the baby who's 3 years old now, I've NEVER seen.) Haven't seen Matt since my daughter Holly got married a little over 3 years ago. And though this is a happy occasion, being the neurotic that I am, I worry about 'happy occasions'. They make me nervous and fretful. I worry about the little guys feeling 'strange' around me. I worry a LOT that I've gotten so FAT since they saw me last....lol...and gray-haired now. (Well, it still looks blonde but I haven't dyed it brunette in over a year, so that's a BIG difference.) All this 'strangeness'...and the fact that my house is just so messy and dirty at this point worries me and yet I procrastinate.
(So, what else is new, right?) I've taken most of next week off so we can go to the zoo, and the amusement park, etc, but I think I'll be taking Monday off as well and Tuesday, to get this place in order. They're not staying here, but at some point, I'm sure Matt will say, "Mom, let's go see your cats." LOL...(I could always tie them in a sack and........nah That'd just be mean.)
July 11, 2006~ 9:30pm
One more thing before I turn in tonight....someone at work sent me this WONDERFUL link so you can see just how beautiful this city really is~
July 12, 2006~ 9:30pm
Sooooooooo sleepy here. And hot. And sticky. The humidity has been close to 100% for the last 3 days, with rain storms on and off. Went to my mother's 86th birthday celebratio at my sister's house. Today is "two days long" on the rare occasion I have an evening engagement as well as the work day. Mum's back was hurting with this damn heat and mugginess- arthritis LOVES to kick up its heels in this kind of dampish weather. I think she was happy to pile on into her living room again...and I know my knees were singing the blues as well. I take horrible care of myself-- not enough exercise, eat all the wrong things at the wrong times-- and my knees, I can see now, are going to be the first things to really 'go' on me. (Well...besides the teeth.)
Ah well, that's life. The highlight of the evening was little 3 year old John who came running right out of the powder room sans Spiderman undies and shorts, saying delightedly, "I peed my pants!" LOL! Kids. Now THEY know how to dress for the weather!
(Return To Weekly Archives)




...
. or pay a visit to my Audio site to hear things
I've written-
Some are just 'jotters', thoughts as they fly- going
nowhere but where they are. If you stop and read a few~ or post a
few~ thanks for
the perusal. Last of all, if you've a hankering for rants and raging,
try making a stop at my other blog-




