<xmp> <body> </xmp> Wired Karisma

Weblog 34

September 17, 2006~ 9:30am
I'm usually not up on Sunday mornings, but I had a nightmare about work. So real- I was having a horrible, screaming meltdown and telling everyone off, and it was very ugly and quite real as I said, and I couldn't shake the feeling even after I got up to pee-- so here I sit, writing to get it out of my system and forget about it. I'd like to pick up my book in a little while and then fall back to sleep before I have to get up at 1:00pm.

I'm a person never remembers dreams. (Well, infrequently anyway) -so it's disturbing to finally snare one and have it be awful. lol. And my fella was sick last night- just literally wracked with chills and shaking before we went out to dinner. And he's been having some trouble with his throat as well, so this, combined with seeing him suddenly so sick has kicked off fears of being without him some day (if he's the one to go first) and I realize that if that happens, I'm not gonna make it. I'm not a person dwells on these things; actually, I really don't think about it much at all, but I know I wouldn't survive that particular loss.

Ok, you say-- what choice do you have? A few I think: people give up and destroy themselves in all kinds of ways. They stop eating- drive recklessly- engage in risk behaviors- and I think there is a phenomenon where 'willing a thing' eventually makes it so, so if a person really, really wants to die- they can bring it about. It's a subconscious walk toward suicide though they'd never put that name to it.

So these unhappy, scary thoughts, along with a dream in which I behaved without any self-control whatsoever, and GEARED toward losing my job- has produced this early waking. Sorry to be so glum but hey, so is the weather out there today- as gray a day as it gets. Listen, you wanna laugh, go to page 5 of my mad, mad, mad, mad pictures. I put some new ones up last night that should give a few chuckles anyway. Alright. Now I'm going back to bed. See ya...


September 17, 2006~ 9:00pm
Today was 'one of those days, lol. When I got back up at 1:00pm, the computer was black-screened; I thought either the power had gone out or one of the cats had walked across the keyboard and tripped something, but it was neither: my monitor had blown. And it makes sense: it was the original mammoth thing and very heavy, from 1999. I could hear Windows kicking in despite the black tube, playing its 'window crescendo music' at its start- (which meant my hard drive and software seemed to be intact)- but like a big picture tube on a TV, that old thing had just finally given -up- the- ghoooost.

I ended up heading over to Walmart an hour earlier than I usually pick up my mother for lunch and shopping, and buying a 15" flat screen LCD monitor. (My old one was 13", curved glass screen with LOTS of glare from the ceiling lights, etc.) No more 'big old box' heating up on the desk- and no more GLARE from the dining room lights behind me- just clear, crystal perfect, clean images.

My fear was that the thing would not be compatible (plugwise) or in some other way with my Compaq PC... or that the whole system had bit the dust. No such worries. I plugged it in, and WHAM!- INSTANT PICTURE. Just gorgeous. So I hauled the old one out to the curb where the garbage is to be picked up tomorrow, and I just hope it's gone when I get home.

So here I sit, feeling like a queen in front of this sleek, lightweight, flatscreened glareless wonder, and happy, happy, happy! (And the old hard drive is doing just fine.) Whew!!


September 19, 2006~ 7:15pm
I am sitting here eating birthday cake that has blue icing. Dark blue icing....which means my tongue and lips and teeth are now indigo. Many of us here at work have partaken and we now resemble a cardiac unit, with all lips tinged. LOL!

My bit of the cake (left over from a child's party, no doubt)- had a piece of a large vehicle on it and written in the icing was 'Hummer'........Lord, I hope this was from a child's party. Otherwise, I've just partaken of 'whore cake' or 'streetwalker's bundt'. Just my luck. (And even as I type this, I hear the scrape of fork against plate in the cubicle beside me, someone happily eating sin.)


September 19, 2006~ 7:00pm
I do believe this may be the ugliest creature known to man- (the Commander and Chief shall be exempt here)- but this little feller is one helluva homely guy




It's a MOTOR MOUTH MOLE! According to Yahoo, "This undated photo, released by Kenneth C. Catania of Vanderbilt University, shows an adult star-nosed mole. The mole literally inhales its food, taking less than a quarter of a second to identify a piece of food, grab it, eat it, and then look for more. (AP Photo/Vanderbilt University, Kenneth Catania)

You ask me, he looks like the patron saint of Knox Gelatin-- Fu Manchu nails like that, and not even nicotine-stained, are mighty impressive! 'Cept for the unfortunate mug that sorta looks like a double "A-hole" with feelers, standing in an "Al Jolson singing Mammy"- 'arms-flung-out'- kind of pose.

I think he needs those long, long nails to attempt to RIP that hideous mug right off hisself!-- and maybe, well maybeeeee those little feeler-thingies are to stave off that very sort of attack! Dunno- with something this bizarre, it's anybody's guess. Now remember... whenever you're feeling low, just think, "O....thank God I'm not a star-faced mole!"


and that will settle things right down for ya.


September 21, 2006~ 8:15pm
Two things: first- Bill, the 3 1/2 year old grandson started pre-school. I saw him last night and was bursting to ask him what it had been like, couldn't wait to hear about it, and you know what I got? A very adult-looking, deep in thought mugging around.....a veritable physiogomical "Hmmmmmmmmm?" and then, "Yah, well.......it's a secret." LOL!! 3 1/2 YEARS I've waited to ask the question, "So how was school?", and that's what I get back!

Secondly, I am dancin' on air here today because I HAVE A NEW MEMBER at Orphan's, my poetry board!! (Do you know how long I have been begging folks to post there with absolutely no results? Yah, well....hmmmmmmm....it's a secret. ha! ) No honestly, the most talented, generous, sweet poet- L. Ward Abel, has decided to throw in with us and take a ride. (The 'us' -being Al and me. Al... my onliest buddy.)

So now we are a Trinity of Poets. Yippieeee!!! No more 'ping-pong' between just Al and me, but a three-way card game, folks. I keep sayin'-- 'the more the merrier'- but this is the first and only time I've been taken up on it--- thanks, Ward.

Oh, and horror of horrors, I found you can access your driver's license online: I mean anyone can access it! Do you know what kind of a violation that is? The theft of privacy- to say nothing of identity theft- and I intend to make a stink to the department of motor vehicles in this state, that's for darn sure! Well, since it's already out there......here's mine...SCROLL DOWN....

























GOTCHA! :)




***

(Return To Weekly Archives)