Weblog 43
December 4, 2006~ 5:15am
Not much to report here after the weekend, which was quiet in the extreme. My honey was sick, so no movie or shopping or eating out on Saturday. Just battened down hatches, worked on the first three issues of 2007 Blue House- and that was relaxing- but other than doing that and going out with me old mum yesterday, a slow, sleepy two days.
We never got the severe weather like some- poor things- but the winds on Friday were tremendous! I thought for sure there was a blizzard coming in- if not God Himself, but like in The Three Little Pigs, it huffed and it puffed- but that's all it did right around this Pittsburgh area.
Went to visit my daughter Friday night and both kiddoes had colds, though germs alone do not dampen their spirits and once again, Grandma's purse- that big old leather satchel- was a source of great consternation and wonder. LOL! Bill was discovering my make-up bag and asking all sort of questions about what powder is for and how the little sponge applicator pad holds the powder in. I'd explain it, pat his cheeks a bit and he'd grab the compact and go to his mother and tell her the whole thing again-- "These little tiny holes have powder in them... and....and....(making a serious face)...I'm a little bit GREASY right now so I probably need some POWDER..." - oh, he makes me laugh. Kay trotted along behind him, pleasant and interested as always. Kay-- who is in a constant state of ecstasy watching his every move. So cute to watch them.
That's all from this cub reporter. Hope the week is half as mild and smooth as this past weekend, with no rush to anything. Taking the moments as they come, and feeling a bit creative but not stressed out--a coasting of a week rather than a tear around the racetrack.
December 4, 2006 9:15am
I received this by email this morning, and it was so cute and sweet, and old-fashioned somehow, and it made me feel good. I wanted to share it....
The Good Husband
Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.
Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! ! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.
He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make you your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"
He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... what happened last night?" "Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door.
Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??" His son replies, "Oh THAT!... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed--- "LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M MARRIED!!"
Broken Coffee Table $239.99
Hot Breakfast $4.20
Two Aspirins $.38
Saying the right thing, at the right time... PRICELESS
December 4, 2006~ 7:15pm
Another Monday under the belt. Another 14 hour Monday (not really, but it feels that way) and I wish somebody could tell me why....Must be the same person who could tell me why the trip going away on vacation is so much LONGER than the one coming back even though the odometer shows the same number of miles each way. I asked everyone at work today and they all agreed this was a freakishly long day. Should be a couple of square spaces long on the calendar--- something like, "full moon, Liberation Day in Madagascar, 38 hour day".
My fella stayed home. Still sick. Temperature spiked at 103 (or so. He doesn't know for sure because that was after he took the ibuprophen. He was shaking too hard to READ the damn thing beforehand.) He took himself to the doctor's and heard the usual: "We've been seeing a LOT of this." Since he already had the brain-boiling temperature and it had already broken, it is now deep into his sinus cavities like Huck Finn and Tom in the caves, looking for Injun Joe--- and since the doctor predicted the next stage is chest and coughing, he did get a script for cough medicine. He hasn't slept in a week. The cough stage comes right before the rigor mortis I believe.
I'm tired too and will be going up to bed-- new book started last night. I can't for the life of me remember the title...but it was GOOD! lol.....(honest. it is.) So from one tired dog to (probably) some others right now.......

Find something soft...and THROW yourself on it!
December 6, 2006~ 7:30am
Alrighty....something to definitely cheer you and send all pompous stuffiness heading for the hills. I came across these little gifs online (no, I did not make them but I LOVE them. Does that count?) LOL!! I found these on a French site and I lifted them- -(however I am not hot-linking to the site or stealing bandwidth)
and I wanted you to stare and stare and just feel better having seen these little beauties.....
...
...

And if that didn't do it, there's this. Man, how TRUE!! I hate the bastards, don't you???

Thank god I have Windows 98, stripped of all 'junque'- I don't have to put up with these nuisances anymore. I bypass Internet Explorer totally; stay put in Firefox. This system is so old....no programmer or hacker bothers with it, and no one wants to tack anything snazzy onto it to force 'upgrades' or infest it with worms. LOL!.....sometimes it pays to be almost obsolete.
***
(Return To Weekly Archives)
Not much to report here after the weekend, which was quiet in the extreme. My honey was sick, so no movie or shopping or eating out on Saturday. Just battened down hatches, worked on the first three issues of 2007 Blue House- and that was relaxing- but other than doing that and going out with me old mum yesterday, a slow, sleepy two days.
We never got the severe weather like some- poor things- but the winds on Friday were tremendous! I thought for sure there was a blizzard coming in- if not God Himself, but like in The Three Little Pigs, it huffed and it puffed- but that's all it did right around this Pittsburgh area.
Went to visit my daughter Friday night and both kiddoes had colds, though germs alone do not dampen their spirits and once again, Grandma's purse- that big old leather satchel- was a source of great consternation and wonder. LOL! Bill was discovering my make-up bag and asking all sort of questions about what powder is for and how the little sponge applicator pad holds the powder in. I'd explain it, pat his cheeks a bit and he'd grab the compact and go to his mother and tell her the whole thing again-- "These little tiny holes have powder in them... and....and....(making a serious face)...I'm a little bit GREASY right now so I probably need some POWDER..." - oh, he makes me laugh. Kay trotted along behind him, pleasant and interested as always. Kay-- who is in a constant state of ecstasy watching his every move. So cute to watch them.
That's all from this cub reporter. Hope the week is half as mild and smooth as this past weekend, with no rush to anything. Taking the moments as they come, and feeling a bit creative but not stressed out--a coasting of a week rather than a tear around the racetrack.
December 4, 2006 9:15am
I received this by email this morning, and it was so cute and sweet, and old-fashioned somehow, and it made me feel good. I wanted to share it....
The Good Husband
Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.
Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! ! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.
He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make you your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"
He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... what happened last night?" "Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door.
Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??" His son replies, "Oh THAT!... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed--- "LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M MARRIED!!"
December 4, 2006~ 7:15pm
Another Monday under the belt. Another 14 hour Monday (not really, but it feels that way) and I wish somebody could tell me why....Must be the same person who could tell me why the trip going away on vacation is so much LONGER than the one coming back even though the odometer shows the same number of miles each way. I asked everyone at work today and they all agreed this was a freakishly long day. Should be a couple of square spaces long on the calendar--- something like, "full moon, Liberation Day in Madagascar, 38 hour day".
My fella stayed home. Still sick. Temperature spiked at 103 (or so. He doesn't know for sure because that was after he took the ibuprophen. He was shaking too hard to READ the damn thing beforehand.) He took himself to the doctor's and heard the usual: "We've been seeing a LOT of this." Since he already had the brain-boiling temperature and it had already broken, it is now deep into his sinus cavities like Huck Finn and Tom in the caves, looking for Injun Joe--- and since the doctor predicted the next stage is chest and coughing, he did get a script for cough medicine. He hasn't slept in a week. The cough stage comes right before the rigor mortis I believe.
I'm tired too and will be going up to bed-- new book started last night. I can't for the life of me remember the title...but it was GOOD! lol.....(honest. it is.) So from one tired dog to (probably) some others right now.......

December 6, 2006~ 7:30am
Alrighty....something to definitely cheer you and send all pompous stuffiness heading for the hills. I came across these little gifs online (no, I did not make them but I LOVE them. Does that count?) LOL!! I found these on a French site and I lifted them- -(however I am not hot-linking to the site or stealing bandwidth)
and I wanted you to stare and stare and just feel better having seen these little beauties.....
...
...

And if that didn't do it, there's this. Man, how TRUE!! I hate the bastards, don't you???

(Return To Weekly Archives)




...
. or pay a visit to my Audio site to hear things
I've written-
Some are just 'jotters', thoughts as they fly- going
nowhere but where they are. If you stop and read a few~ or post a
few~ thanks for
the perusal. Last of all, if you've a hankering for rants and raging,
try making a stop at my other blog-




