<xmp> <body> </xmp> Wired Karisma

Weblog 8

January 11, 2006 6:00pm
There's some missing days here. I dropped off the face of this weblog for a while--but that's because I've been involved in happy, creative work, re-immersing myself in an online writing community that I'd left years ago. I've continued to be been a lurker and a reader there because I consider these poets to be the most entertaining, contentious, funny, original bunch I've found ,with oodles of talent and brains, so on Christmas Day I decided to plunge back in....my Christmas gift to myself.

So far it's been rewarding- and I've spent many happy hours reading and commenting, with plenty of tomfoolery and clowning around via debate and offshoots of the poems themselves. I hope it can continue without fisticuffs breaking out- as these things figuratively tend to when you gather a collection of independent thinkers with a creative bent and confine them to a defined space. lol.... I hope I'm mature enough to remain cool under pressure if the opinions turn heated. I like the whole bunch so much....

Thus far this new year has been almost 'springlike' with nighttime temperatures reaching into the high 50's in many cases. Weird. Today is 'March' for instance: blustery, windy, and somewhat mild with rain showers. Old Man Winter is going to prove to be a nasty guest when he decides to make an appearance again. O yes indeedy. And yes.....my decorations are still up.

Procrastination....thy name is Karen.


January 14, 2006~ 2:30am
It's been a down day. (Well- actually it's tomorrow now. lol...) but I feel very out of sorts. It was 68 degrees today and that kind of freakish weather always makes me NUTS...I mean, for godsakes, it's JANUARY--MUCH too warm, and now tomorrow, after 3 days of springlike weather we're going back into the freeze zone with rain changing to snow, up to 2 inches.

How can anyone adapt to this stuff?

Also, Wayne is sick. Terrible head cold and sinusy thing ---(is it any wonder?) He's off Monday for Martin Luther King day. (This country loves to murder people and then give them their own national holiday) but it's not across the boards, so about 2/3 of us still tromp to work while the others have this banker's holiday. Anyway... I missed him this evening. Went to see the grandbabies by myself, and I honest to God think my nighttime driving skills suck BIG TIME. I felt hesitant, nervous- had a hard time seeing with the glare, etc. and oh, that makes me just feel ancient. Especially the timidity- that bothered me most- feeling scared.

And the new ('old') writers group has just about shut itself down. No new poems, no responses to anything of mine, and I really think they resent me being there and participating the way I've been doing. So yeah.........that would have filled the evening for me when I got home but it's a ghost town--Life is a ghost town. And it was Friday the 13th. I don't even enjoy pornography anymore- it bores me- so that wasn't even a viable option to fill the time. lol....I worked a bit on the February issue of The Blue House, but I couldn't concentrate the way I usually can. It feels like I'm dangling off a cliff for no damn reason.

Hey, I'm not in bed yet. Something could still kill me.



***

(Return To Weekly Archives)