<xmp> <body> </xmp> Wired Karisma

Weblog 270

April 17, 2011~ 12:00 am
SUCCESS!!! (I've been having real issues with my old computer for the past 2 days. Some 'denial of service' agonies whereby I can connect ONLY to Google-related sites... and nothing else.) I think this poor old machine has worms... my world has pretty much looked like this....



It appears to be the Conficker variety, but tonight I DID manage get online for a couple of hours (beautifully) -and had enough time to actually SEE other sites and connect to my image host. TA-DAH!! Colors again. Images!!



So even though right now, typing this, I'm in the same old GOOGLE-dependent holding pattern, I DID manage to upload some images for this week's blog. (Actually, things were going along swimmingly until this machine said, "That's enough!" -and bopped me right out and into a blue screen of death. When I reconnected.....same old stuff. Sometimes life has these nasty little pointy-hat fellas trooping right through it, spoiling the view. Cutting scary black shadows into the landscape.





Anyway, Saturday evening Wayne and I visited at my daughter's house for BILL'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!



And there he is, playing with his current BIG INTEREST.....WRESTLEMANIA. Action figures.

After scoring somewhere up in the ether on his advanced placement test at school, the teacher asked him what he thought he might want to be when he grows up. Without a moment's hesitation, "A wrestler," he told her. (Scratch the Jonas Salk idea) the boy is totally into pile-driving... and breaking metal chairs over the backs of his opponents.

(After wrangling for 2 solid days with his 'hell machine', believe me, I can identify.) Here's Bill being told to stop playing, the food is served.



His royal highness is not pleased. Bill didn't want to stop playing, and didn't think much of the crunchy, broasted chicken his mom and dad served up, but it was certainly to the delight of all non-birthday people in attendance. We LOVED it! Delicious meal, good coffee and small talk, watching the grandkids-- Kay and Bill, run around and exude that wonderful ENERGY kids have! Whirling, spinning, laughing, ornery or giggly-happy, at eight years old.....



joy is a big dog...... (and small wrestler action-figures.)

Only four days till I start my 'getaway to the woods.' Till then I'll be trying to pin this damn computer virus to the mat, hoping for those lovely blue skies again..... not like this hell and hailstone tarnation I've been hacking my way through.



(That's actually a picture of the hail that pelted us mightily on the day the tornado hit just north of Pittsburgh in Hempfield Township recently.) I had two episodes of nickel-sized frozen stuff banging off everything that evening. (To tell you the truth, this computer on-again, off-again bouts of denial of service feels pretty much like being pelted with frozen ice balls. It's that sudden and that annoying. I'll solve it, though. I always do. Eventually.)




April 17, 2011~ 9:30 pm
Whew! I'm finally ON here again! (This is after four hours of tinkering!) As I type this I am also DOWNLOADING 'Malabytes' anti-malware program (up to 84 percent downloaded right now) and THEN I'M GONNA RUN IT!!

This is so exhausting. Even now-- at this moment --an 'Explorer illegal operation box' has popped up on my screen (which I am ignoring-- I simply 'slid it out of my typing path up to the top of the screen, knowing full well to click on it would bop me right off the internet. lol) and I deleted some 'suspicious entries' in my registry, took a look at my 'HOST SAM' files and made a change, ran a registry check, a scan disc (which DID find errors in my JAVA program and I fixed them)..... who knows what this is. OH! Malabytes is finished! Hasta La Vista, baby. Gonna try and run it! (LOL!!! No Go-o-o-o. My system is too old to accept this program. LOL!)





***

(Return To Weekly Archives)